Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Thursday, November 19, 2015

The Spirit of God like a fire is burning!

July 27, 2015

Hi family!
Today I started the last transfer of my mission. Where did the time go? I am filled with so many emotions right now. I feel so much love towards you all and towards the people here in Honduras. My greatest desire is to accomplish all that Heavenly Father wants me to here in Honduras. I am working hard here with my new companion Elder Zelaya! He is from El Salvador. My third companion from El Salvador! haha My last companion in the mission... wow.
We are working hard with Miguel and Marta. Sis Cerrato the lawyer in our ward is great and is helping them a lot. Things are going good and this week or next week they will have their papers to get married! I am so happy for them! Marta bore her testimony during the last class at church on Sunday the Elders quorum and Relief society were combined. The bishop was asking different people to share what they were going to take home from what they learned at church and at the end she just stood up and said she felt she needed to say that she knows the church is true and that even though she hasn't been baptised yet she feels like she is a member of the Church. She started crying and spoke so many beautiful words about the love of the members and the truthfulness of the church and how the church has helped her son Christian so much. I felt the spirit so strong. It was one of the highlights of my mission to see her stand up and say what she said. Her and her husband Miguel are getting so close! :) It is so exciting. Last night we had a really special lesson with them about eternal marriage in the Temple. The spirit was very strong. My companion and I both bore our sincere and grateful testimonies for our parents who chose to be sealed in the Temple. More than anything in the World I am so happy for their goal to be sealed as a family one year after they are baptised.
Fanny's Mom, Rosa if all goes well will be baptised this Saturday! We are very excited. She has stopped drinking coffee since the day we taught the word of wisdom. She rocks!
There are  many more stories to tell but we will have time soon to talk and talk about all the adventures of Honduras. I love you family. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I have never seen Him but I believe. I know the Atonement has the power to heal us. I know that we truly can repent and be cleansed through the Atonement as we partake of the sacrament. Have a wonderful week!
Love Elder Conover

pictures:  Brandy's baptism; zone soccer; Elder Zelaya is in the blue shirt in front

No comments:

Post a Comment