Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Monday, November 11, 2013

Doubt Not, Fear Not

Buenos Dias Familia! 

Thank you for all of your emails, they mean so much. I smile every time I read them. Wow, a new bishopric! Bishop Juchau was incredible and I'm sure in some ways its hard for him to leave but Bishop Whitlock will do a great job! The other counselors are awesome also! Thanks for sharing the news. 
I had my FIRST BAPTISM this last Saturday! and it was in a RIVER! I baptized a girl named Sully, she is 15 yrs old. The same as Emily! We had the baptism program on the side  of the river and then Sully and I walked into the river. There was a small current in the water and the water went up to about half my thigh. I said the word of the ordinance in Spanish and then baptized Sully. When she was under water it was very hard to hold her because of the current. I almost fell! But it was successful! It was an amazing experience. I was so pumped my first baptism was in a river! Sully is wonderful. Her mom has been less active for 8 years but recently started listening to us missionaries. Elder Suazo had already taught some lessons to Sully and her family before I got her but Elder Suazo and I probably taught her 4 or 5 times before her baptism. My first lesson with the family was very special. We were teaching the family in their garage. During the lesson the power went out so Sister Merino got a candle and we taught by the candle light. You all know I love fire, it always brings a strong spirit. I bore my testimony in Spanish which is the one thing I feel like I can do decently in Spanish, that and pray. I know that the spirit speaks through me when I testify. That was my first experience with Sully. During a later lesson with her last Monday Elder Suazo asked her if she would be okay with me baptizing her and she agreed. I had no clue he was going to ask that! I was so happy when I found out I would be baptizing her. The baptism was definitely one of the highlights of my life so far. 

Elder Suazo went to San Pedro Sula last Friday to do some things to get his residency card with another Elder who is in Olanchito. I stayed in Olanchito with the other Elder Thursday night, Friday, and then we came back here on Saturday. In Olanchito the ward had a Night of Talents. I sang with One Republic the song Secrets. It was pretty awesome. Elder Rodriguez who is from D. Republic and I also participated in a talent with some other members acting out the parable of the good Samaritan. We were the robbers. haha The grand finale was Gangam Style! The Branch President who looks kind of Asian started it out and then us and a bunch of other members joined in. It was quite the event! Very hilarious. 

Remember the extra shoes I brought. Elder Guzman here in Sonaguera shoes were falling apart and he only had one pair so I gave him those shoes. I'm very glad I had them to help him out. He did not want to take them but I insisted and now he wears them everyday. The language is coming very slowly but I am trying to not let it discourage me. It's hard not being able to express all my feelings in lessons and with my companion. Its difficult to live with a companion 24-7. I guess it's very good practice for the future. I don't know what it is but I am almost always hungry. I eat good meals here but within a few minutes I'm hungry again! I'm getting used to the heat and the humidity, it's not too bad. It's weird not going through the season change like normal. I'm so used to it being cold this time of year. With these trials I am also learning so much and am almost forced to become stronger. The mission is a very good refiners furnace.  I have a very strong testimony that Heavenly Father's plan for me is the best and happiest plan for me and that He can make more out of my life than I can. I share this testimony with others here often. I am so grateful Heavenly Father is blessing me with health and strength. Lately I have been noticing that when I walk and say a prayer in my heart I feel more power in my legs and it's easier to walk. Many times I feel like someone is pushing me forward from behind. I know that angels are helping me and God is giving me strength. So many great things happen everyday. I love the members and the people here. I feel like everything in my life led me to this place on this mission. Spanish immersion in 2nd and 3rd grade and learning about the Aztecs and Mayans, who I have always been interested in, struggling through Spanish in 8th and 9th grade, Crossfit, being friends with the Hispanics at school, Scouts, the Gospel, family life and all the other little things have led me and prepared me for this moment in my life. I love you all and miss you. I think and pray for you everyday. Continue sharing the gospel. It's worth it. I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father and that he created our spirits. I know that He knows each one of us specifically. Jesus said ¨look unto me in every thought, doubt not, fear not.¨ Trust in God and look unto and follow the Savior and all will work out for our good. Forever strong on and off the field! You're the best family I could ever ask for. I love you!


Love Elder Conover

No comments:

Post a Comment