Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Saturday, November 23, 2013

I am in love with my little brother

Dear my family with one more boy!!! 

Sorry I didn't write yesterday. We had a multi/zone conference so today is our pday. I got a call from President Klein thursday night informing me that CANNON Joseph Conover was born! I was so happy to hear this great news. It's so cool he was born on 11/12/13! Tell Cannon I say hello. Thanks for talking to him about me. I am so happy that Cannon and Mom are both healthy and back home. I cannot express fully my joy for having another little brother. It's a wonderful blessing to be the oldest of 7 kids. Thanks to Dad and Mom and Heavenly Father I have this blessing. I received all of the pictures and even though I can't see him in person I am in love with my little brother. I don't think you guys could have chosen a better name also. I am so happy with his name Cannon Joseph. Ever since my spiritual experience in Pine Valley this last summer when we had that lesson about Joseph Smith I have had a very deep love and unshakable testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know that he did see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. These are Joseph's words about the first vision in Spanish. It took me a while but I have them memorized. Vi una columna mas brillante que el sol directamente arriba de mi cabeza y esta luz gradualmente descendió hasta descansar sobre mi. Al reposar sobre mi la luz vi en el arre arriba de mi a dos personajes cuyo fulgor y gloria no admiten descripción. Uno de ellos me hablo, llamandome por mi nombre, y dijo, señalando al otro, Este es me Hijo amado, Escuchalo. I know that Joseph Smith restored the same church Jesus Christ established on the Earth. I am blessed with the opportunity to share this testimony with others here in Honduras. Nice job Mom having another baby! I don't know how you do it. But thank you. Thanks for your words "blessings come after suffering". I'm glad that you are doing better now and are even making rolls! I wish I could eat one of your rolls so bad! haha 

Yesterday on the bus ride to the multi zone conference I saw the Atlantic Ocean for the first time! It was great to see the ocean! The conference was in Ceiba. I actually got to see President Klein also this last Sunday for a big multi branch conference in Tocoa. The whole chapel was packed with people! Our whole branch here in Sonaguera took a big bus and drove there together. The bus was filled to the max. I stood in the very back for most of the time. It was fun. It was like a rollercoaster. I didn't listen to the youth part of the conference because it wasn't for us missionaries but a family in our branch here said President Klein talked about our family. At the zone conference in Ceiba 5 other elders and I sang Rock of Ages in Spanish for the special musical number. The last part of the conference President Klein told us in the middle of December his daughter was going to be married in the Tegucigalpa temple! He was very happy for this but was also sad because his wife would go back to the states for the reception after and they would not be able to share a Christmas message with us. So they shared one with us yesterday! It was probably the most spiritual experience I've had on the mission. Sister Klein bore her sweet and powerful testimony of the Savior, President Klein shared his favorite scriptures about the Savior's birth, we sang I Believe in Christ in English, and I Know That My Redeemer Lives in Spanish, and then we watched the Piano Guys Christmas video. The spirit powerfully witnessed to me again that Jesus Christ lives and that He is my Savior. I was reminded of my love for Christmas and the special time it is to remember Jesus. I am going to miss very much spending Christmas with you all. Because it's like 90 degrees here it's weird to think Christmas is coming up. Because of the Honduras Presidential elections this Sunday we have to stay inside of our house Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Crazy! The only time we get to step out of the door is for one hour of Church on Sunday. We stocked up on food today and we also get to watch one Disney movie a day. The other Elders in our district, Elder Guzman and Elder Monterosa are also moving in for those 4 days. Its going to be quite the party. Because of this my next pday will be next Thursday. 

I got your letter you sent on Oct 18! Thank you so much! Please tell the Bennetts thank you also. I loved reading all of the notes. This won't work for everything but I heard that there is a package in the U.S. postal service, some blue box thing that you may want to do some research on. Its a cheaper package. Also tape pictures of Jesus on the package. 

I love you so much Family! I love my new little brother Cannon. Even though it's hard not being home with you and him Heavenly Father has blessed me with a great peace and happiness here on the mission. I have been making a list of my favorite scriptures. Read Helaman 3 verse 35. I love this scripture. I hope that we can all grow stronger and stronger and firmer and firmer in the faith and have out hearts sanctified by the power of the Atonement. Thanks for all the prayers, love and support. Thanks for doing the Blog mom. I love and miss you all. Until next week!

Love Elder Conover 



No comments:

Post a Comment