Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Friday, March 28, 2014

Hey Family!

Editor's Note:  Elder Conover's birthday is coming up on May 4th.  I know he would love so much to hear from you!  It takes about that long for him to receive a dearelder or letter through the mail.

If you send something in the mail, including dearelder.com which is free, he can read it whenever he wants and over and over again:)  Thanks so much for all your love and support.  Here's his address (same for the duration of his mission):  

Elder Eric Conover
San Pedro Sula East Mission
12 Calle Av. Circunvalacion S.O.
Edif Yude Canahuati, 3 Nivel, Oficina 4
San Pedro Sula, Cortes, Honduras C.A



I'm going to write what I can but I'm not feeling good right now. I've had to leave this internet cafe twice already and ask to use the bathroom. 

I'm happy to hear that the funeral went well and that for the most part it was a joyous and peaceful time. Because we have the Book of Mormon and modern revelation we know Heavenly Father's plan for us. I am so so grateful for our knowledge of this plan and for my testimony of The Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith, and our true and living prophet today President Monson. 

I am a little sad but mostly comically able to tell you that I now weigh 180lbs! Twice as much as great grandma! haha I have gained a ton! The doctor who helped me with my foot told me that its all the flour tortillas that we eat almost every day for dinner with the members and sometimes with lunch. Not to mention that we almost always eat meat during lunch and dinner. To be honest I've gotten a bit sick of eating the food here. My companion and I are going to start eating lunch in the house which will be great! I am going to also when I can just wait until I get home at night to eat dinner or at least not eat as many tortillas! haha Oh and last week I bought a blender! I bought it used for 300 lempiras. 15 dollars! It has been working great. Today I bought spinach, yogurt, bananas, raspberries, and milk, and I have the protein powder. I'm very happy to be drinking fruit flip again!:) I'm really hoping that I can change my diet and get back into shape. I'm doing good on the exercise side just need to change what I eat. If any of you have some other healthy ideas I would love to hear them. Thanks:) Sorry I wrote so much just about my struggling body, now to the good stuff! 

 On Saturday we had the baptism of Isis! She is so great and has such a strong testimony. She has been looking for the truth and has gone through some very rough times. Her husband was killed, I don't know how long ago but she has two little boys. My companion and I were blessed to be the missionaries to share the gospel and watch her life change. She is 22 yrs old. I'm so happy for her and for the new life of happiness that she has started. We got to know Isis because her sister Claudia brought her to Church last month. Claudia is slowly progressing but through her we met Isis. It is all part of Heavenly Father's plan. The spirit did the teaching, my companion and I are blessed with the opportunity to talk to people and watch them change for the better. Her sister Angela will be baptized this Saturday! 


I'm going to let it be a surprise but this Saturday let me just say is going to be AWESOME!!! We are seeing many of the fruits of our labor. Many are showing great faith and are coming to know the truthfulness of the Church. It is wonderful being a missionary. The hardest thing is when someone falls or doesn't progress further but I know that they can change. The Atonement is the most powerful thing in the Universe.

Use it everyday! :) 
Love Elder Conover 

P.S I got your loving package! Thank you so much! It meant a lot. My companion was so happy to receive your valentines also. He thought they were so awesome. Which they were. Thanks a ton! I love you all so much! Sorry I couldn't write more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment