Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Baptism Joys

December 15, 2014


Hey family!

The work is on fire here. My companion's name is Elder Marquezado. He is from Peru! It is so cool to have companions from so many different places. 2 from California, Nicuragua, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Bolivia, and now Peru! He is a great missionary. We are getting along very good. He is trying to get used to a lot of things. He says that here is very different from Peru. For starters he doesn't like beans... uh oh, we eat beans at least once a day if not 2 or 3 times. haha He´s a really awesome, and humble person. He is also very shy during the lessons so I have been doing a lot of the talking. We are practicing together and working on being more unified. He is also very dedicated to learning English. We have been having good language studies. He is the 3rd missionary in his family. I am very excited for the work we are doing together. 

On Thursday night we had a lesson with Marjorie. We asked her how she felt about her baptism this Saturday. She told us that she wasn't sure, that she wanted to but something was telling her she shouldn't do it. We explained to her that Satan always trys to stop us from doing what is right. We told her that she is completely free to choose whether to be baptised or not but if she does get baptised she will be blessed. She thought about it and we just sat there waiting for her response. She said yes, yes I will be baptised. It was so happy to hear her make the right choice. Agency is a very spcial thing. I know that our Heavenly Father is very happy when we choose the right even though we are given always the wrong and the right choices. 

Gabriela and Marjorie were both baptised on Saturday. The other Elders also had a baptism! All three bore powerful testimonies after being baptised. Sister F___ (Marjorie) said that even though she has been baptised in other Churches she feels like this baptism was real and that she is going to have a real change in her life. I felt the spirit so strong when she said this. Sister S____ (Gabriela) was baptised with a bag around her arm because of a motorcyle accident she had. She has so much faith. I am amazed at how absolutely willing she is to give her life to Heavenly Father and obey His commandments. She is a great example to me.

The Reyes family has been out of town but we are going to visit them tomorrow. David just left for EFY yesterday. The Garcia Paguada family are still very receptive. Two of the daughters came to Church on Sunday. Sadly we haven't been able to teach another lesson with the Dad. Right now we are trying to find new investigators and then focusing on those who are willing to learn and change (the sheep, like Pres. Klein says). Jesus said that His sheep will hear His voice and follow Him. There are many people who are not willing to change or that only want to listen but not act (the mules, like Pres. Klein says) these people may be prepared sometime in the future but we don´t have time to try and make them change right now. My goal right now is find the sheep, teach the sheep, and baptise the sheep. 

I love you all so much and wish that I could write lots more. I am so excited to be able to Skype soon! Yes I will find a computer. You are all in my prayers. Keep being so faithful. Although I feel like I have many weaknesses, I am happy beacause I know the truth and I know who can make me strong. Jesus Christ.

Love Elder Conover 

No comments:

Post a Comment