Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! (Mom is a little delayed this week:)

Dear Mom and Family,
Baptizing Sully!
Elder Conover and Elder Guzman
HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I didn't even know it was thanksgiving today until I read your emails. haha Thank you for reminding me. They don't celebrate thanksgiving here but I am so grateful for so many things. All that I am is thanks to Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. I'm grateful I get to talk to you today also. We survived the lock in just fine. We actually with the help of the ward mission leader, Kenneth and his truck moved all of our things including our fridge and mattresses to the other Elders house and stayed with them. Their house is a lot bigger. Elder Guzman is learning to speak very good English so I actually spoke quite a bit with him in English. He and I are becoming great friends. Tuesday morning the Zone leaders called and told us that it was okay to start working like normal. We moved all our stuff back, had a district meeting outside of our house and then had a normal day. I got a lot done that I needed to those three days and the rest was nice but I'm glad to be working with people again. The elections went peacefully and nothing crazy happened. That's fun you are going to take Cannon on a walk today! That's awesome you guys are having nice weather. Yesterday and today here have been a little chilly! Can you believe that?! Yesterday it rained a ton and today its been sprinkling all day. Today I have been wearing jeans and sometimes even my jacket! I didn't think I would feel cold for two years! The break from the heat is very nice. 

I haven't even met my little brother Cannon but I too feel the same way. I love him so much and look forward earnestly to the day I get to hold him. Thank you for sending a package! I cant wait! That's sweet Jenny's company is helping! Heavenly Father really does bless us so much. Tell both grandparents thank you also. I am so blessed to have such supportive family and friends. It is a super wonderful blessing that not every missionary has. Thank you so much for all your love and support. That's wonderful Grandma and Grandpa Hicks have been helping so much. They are great! I am so grateful for them. I'm glad you are happy Mom. I continue to pray for you and everyone in our family. 

I gave a talk on Sunday! It was a good experience. I shared my thoughts on the First and Great Commandment to Love God with all our heart, might, mind, and strength. I know that this commandment is the most important thing we can do and if we sincerely do it than we will obey all the other commandments and keep the covenants we have made with Him and in turn receive all the blessings God has for us including peace and happiness. For personal study yesterday I read Alma chapter 32 because I am trying to increase my Faith. This chapter is one of my very favorites and explains faith and all that we must do to partake of the fruit of the tree of Eternal Life. I challenge you all to read and ponder about this chapter. 

The language is very challenging and I really wish it would come faster. Sometimes it is very discouraging but I try not to let it get me down and I continue to do my best and trust that Heavenly Father will bless me on His timetable. It is important for us to remember that God's plan is perfect for us but it may not always be the plan we think he has for us. Pray, Study, and Work and then trust in God. I have also been sick today which is not fun but another key thing I have been learning is that when times are hard for us, Physically, Spiritually, Emotionally, or Mentally think of others and what they went through for us. Two people out of the many that I think of are our Savior Jesus Christ, and Joseph Smith. I remember these men and their sacrifice. In football we learned to Always be A Man For Others. These men set the example for this type of life. I love you all and hope you have a great week. Remember the Savior and the covenant we have made with Him to take his name upon us. Until Monday! 

Love Elder Conover




Sonaguera Elders and Mission Leader, Kenneth

No comments:

Post a Comment