Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Happy Valentines!


Hola Familia!

Thank you for all of your emails. I took some time today to respond a little more to each of your emails so this email is going to be shorter. I'm so happy each week to hear from each one of you. I am so blessed to call you my family.

We are working with 4 different couples that need to get married before they can be baptized right now. It's quite the different culture here. So many people here just ¨live together¨. It's quite the long, costly, and difficult process trying to get them married. We are having a dinner with member family the Rodriguez´s and two of the couples tonight. We are going to share a message about the importance of marriage and play a fun game with them.

We are working with a young man named J__, he has a great friend named Suami in the ward. He has been going to seminary which by the way they have at night time here in the church. He is super awesome and happy for his  baptism this coming Saturday.

M__ is one of my very favorite investigators to be teaching. He didn't make it to church yesterday which was a bummer but we taught him yesterday in the afternoon. He is reading the Book of Mormon and all the pamphlets we give him to read. His testimony is stronger each time we teach him. I always feel the spirit so strong and feel so much joy with him because he is an honest seeker of truth and is learning so much. Yesterday he asked us what our opinion was of a little book the Jehovah witnesses gave him. (so awesome he would ask us that question) I told him that he can read many different things but we invite him to read the BOM which is the most correct book in the World and that we are here to testify of the one and true church. We have a goal for his baptism March 8th. He has accepted to prepare for that date.

We have grown to become great friends with a family who are missionaries for another Church. N__ the Dad told us it's his work so I think they get paid so it's very hard for them to change. I know one day if they truly pray with faith they will receive an answer and change. We testified that families can be for eternity through the covenants we make in the Temple and shared with N__ the Plan of Salvation. He has his doubts but I know he is running the truth we have of Gods plan through his mind. We are eating dinner with them tomorrow. They are great people. Pray that they will pray with real intent and change their lives.

We have many other investigators, I wish I could explain the situation of each one of them but I'm out of time. I love you all so much! Have a super good Valentines Day and Happy Birthday Mom! Everyone give Mom a big hug for me. Until next week! Mucho amor! Adios!

Love Elder Conover


No comments:

Post a Comment