Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Great Experiences

Hola mí familia!

How is everyone doing? Thank you for all of your kind emails. 

Last Wednesday we had a multi zone conference with Elder Amada from the quorum of the 70. It was awesome!!! We started at 8 in the morning, paused for lunch and then continued to 3 in the afternoon. We had the most incredible discussion about a huge variety of subjects. We all participated by asking questions and answering his questions. He truly taught with the spirit and for the needs of each of us. I learned a ton. My understanding was truly enlightened. Among the many things we talked about one very important thing was something I have been trying to understand for years. How to be a man for others (think about and serve others more than myself). My football coaches, Bishop Juchau, President Scoresby, other leaders and Dad more than anyone have always taught me this concept. I know there is only one person who has ever mastered this way of being. Our Savior Jesus Christ. I am no where near where I would like to be but the conference enlightened my understanding a little more on this subject. This way of being is perhaps the most difficult and important concept we can ever learn in this life. It's following the Savior and saying "thy will be done" to the Father in all situations, it's forgettng about personal concerns and trials, and serving others. I do not believe I will master this way of being in this life but it is a subject I love very much and hope to improve on everyday. I did not want the conference to stop. It was wonderful. 

On Sunday Elder Flores and I got up early and left the house a little before 7:30 to go and remind many of our investigators and less active members about Church. We walked two of our investigators named Isis, and Angela to Church. They are sisters with Claudia. We watched the Testaments with them and they are progressing a ton! After we helped them into the church it was about 8:45. We ran to the other family of investigators we wanted to bring to church. We had to wait a few minutes for them to get ready and by the time we left the house it was 9! Because it was so late we jumped in a taxi with everyone and made it to church just as they were singing the opening hymn. I wish people were a little more punctual here but it makes for a fun adventure. We had 11 investigators at church. We are very happy with the progress many of our investigators are making and are working as hard as we can to help them into the waters of baptism. After Church Isis paid tithing, and we haven't even taught them about tithing! They have a goal to be baptized March 15! Elder Flores and I have been teaching with all the conviction and power we can. We are teaching a "teacher of teachings"; he is sort of like a pastor but he goes around to different churches and teaches. His name is Abraham. Our last lesson he told us he doesn't believe that Heavenly is a person but he does believe that he is our Father. He says that God is power. My companion shared some great scriptures with him and we shared our testimonies of God the Father, Jesus Christ his Son, and the Holy Ghost. Although he did not accept our teachings he was very respectful. I pray that he will open his mind and soften his heart, and most importantly let the spirit teach him these truths. I am so grateful for my testimony in Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. These experiences everyday strengthen my testimony so much.

Today we had pday with President Klein! In January we were the "Celestial Zone" so our reward was a pday with Pres. Klein and Sister Klein. It was a lot of fun! We played frisbee golf and ultimate frisbee, played pictionary, and ate a delicious lunch with my first homemade cookie in 5 months! haha It's always so great to spend time with them. 

My Spanish is getting a lot better and I can understand almost everything! It is such a blessing and feels so good. :) I love you all so much and wish I could share more of the experiences I am having here in the mission! It is miraculous! Have a great week! :) 

Love Elder Conover

P.S This picture is Elder Flores and I last pday on this horse wagon thing that a 10 year old drives around selling this fruit called guineo, they are like bananas but don't taste too good. :) haha Him and his brother who is 12 and drives another one go around selling this fruit together. 

 Last pday we ate at this awesome restaurant called Mitchels. It was a lot of fun. I ate a big philly steak sandwich. It was super good. 

We bought pizza for this family and ate dinner with them because Gracie the girl on the far right gave us the refference of Skarlet who was baptized. Its the reward we have for the members who give us a reference of someone who gets baptized. 


No comments:

Post a Comment