Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Thursday, December 4, 2014

From Elder Conover

October 20, 2014


Hola familia!

Sadly I am practically out of time. This week has gone really well! We had another great turn up yesterday at Church. I was also able to give a talk during Sacrament meeting about missionary work and how the members can share the gospel more and help in this great work of salvation. Our district leader also spoke and the Stake President. They both gave super good talks. President Selaya talked about ¨be happy, be mormon¨. He has used that as a motto for many years in his life. It is so true. We truly should be the happiest people on the Earth. Sometimes we don't demostrate this happiness but if we don't we need to start! We are teaching a reference of Antony (a young single adult we are working a lot with) named Marjary. She asked us when we first asked her if we could share a lesson with her, ¨why are you guys always so happy¨ As we walk down the streets we try to smile a lot and say hi to everyone. We told her that the gospel and sharing our message with people makes us happy. It was so cool to hear her ask us that question. I know that by simply smiling and being friendly we can share the gospel. 

The Reyes family came to Church again yesterday! As well as the Martinez Family! We are still trying hard to answer all the questions the Reyes family have. They have tons!! haha I love it. They are reading the Book of Mormon and the pamphlets we leave them and are progressing tons! We are praying that Brother Reyes will by some miracle be able to make it to church on Sundays. David Aguilar came yesterday as well! He is 18 yrs old and is on fire! He is preparing to be baptised this Saturday! We are very happy about that. One day this last week we were teaching David and his little sister Miline and then their Mom Digna showed up as we were finishing up the lesson. She sat down and we talked a bit and then out of no where Sister Aguilar said: ¨I testify the Church of Jesus Christ is true¨ My companion and I sat their stunned for a second and then asked her how she recieved her testimony. She frankly said ¨I prayed, I asked, and I received an answer¨ It was definetly one of the highlights of my mission. I hope so badly she can act upon this testimony she has recieved.  

Today we went to the Beach again! It was awesome to see the ocean and walk around on the cool wooden dock they are making. So many men were throwing out fishing line and reeling in small fish. It was cool to watch. We may try it another pday. :) A family in our area gave us huge king crab legs yesterday and Sister Salgada the member who makes us lunch each day made an awesome king crab soup with it today. It was good! I wish so badly I could keep writing but it's time to go share the truth. I love you all so much! Have another supercalifragalistikexpialidocious week! :) Hasta luego!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Elder Conover

No comments:

Post a Comment