Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Friday, October 4, 2013

This Week from Elder Conover!

I have edited a lot from this letter because it was family stuff, but thought you might enjoy a little of his advice to a couple of  his siblings-it's a great blessing to have a big brother serving a mission!  

To send a FREE letter on dearelder.com (sounds like the preferred way), it's easiest to open a free account then look under the "pouch" tab.  That's where I finally found the Mexico MTC.  Thanks so much for your love and support for our missionary!  I know he feels your love and prayers.



It looks like they are enjoying the food!  I wonder if it will be as bountiful in Honduras...


Not sure what this is all about, but it looks like fun:)






Eric's companion is the oldest of 10 children!  What a beautiful family!



Hola Famila!
 
I cant wait for the baby to come! You are an inspiration and example of someone who truly never gives up even when enduring so much pain. Thank you for your courageuos and powerful example. It inspires me to work harder and murmur less out here. I love you mom! Thanks for bringing a new brother into the family. :)
 
Abby: That is so awesome you are working so hard on the Articles of Faith! You are doing great! The 4th Article of Faith is very similar to the statement in PMG pg. 1 "Your Purpose". I almost have it memorized in Spanish! :) Ya im excited to teach people about the articles of faith! I love you Abs! Keep up the good work! Love Elder Eric
 
Matthew: Keep working hard at school! I have a lot of hard class time here also. haha History is very important because if we dont learn from the past we will make the same mistakes again. That goes for U.S. history, World History etc., and the history of the Church (BOM, Bible, and other Scriptures). Keep working hard. You are a very smart person. Here is some advice for life and mission prep: Memorize the missionary purpose on pg.1  of PMG and strive to live that purpose, specifically invite others to come unto Christ by the example you set. I would also during your personal study each day study PMG. It is awesome! It will help you in your life right now and on your mission. Always strive to  have the Holy Ghost with you. He will be a great companion during difficult times. Matthew the most important thing you can do right now is live worthy so you can always have the spirit with you and at any moment be able to use your priesthood. I love you! You and A.J. are the best brothers I could ever ask for. Keep me posted. Love you bro. Stay Strong! With much respect, Elder Conover
 
Elder Dickson and Elder Winkel in my district just brought me the letter you sent me! Finally! Thank you so much for your kind and uplifting words. Abby the plane was big! I miss you guys so much and it truly was the hardest thing Ive ever had to do leaving you. I know without a doubt this is where I need to be though. It does rain quite a bit here twins. If Jesus is crying Miriam than its happy-sad! You girls mean the world to me and I wish so badly I could play with you but think of all the little children in Honduras that dont know they can be with their family forever. It will be worth every tear and heartache. I promise you! Love you tons!  
 
I recommend you guys try using dearelder.com I actually get those the same day or very next day from when you write them! Family and friends should all use dearelder then I can read them through the week and respond on Tuesday.  Gracias! I love your hand written letters (and pictures) also so if you want you could do both but the quickest way for me to hear from you is dearelder. This mail stuff is crazy, I wish that it came faster! Thank you so much for all your words and support. :) .
 
Elder Nathan Hubert, Eric's friend since 1st grade!
The second week here at the CCM flew by! Way faster than the first week. My district rocks! Our district leader is super awesome and we are getting to be good friends. His name is Elder Smith. He is from Gilbert Arizona. Its so cool how all of us are unique but we are united in the same cause so we are becoming best friends very fast. Im starting to like the food quite a bit. Good to hear you are having good food there like always also. haha I explained in Miriams note more about the food. Today has been really great! We woke up printed off our emails, did personal study, ate breakfast, got a haircut! Then went to our Casa and finally had time to clean up and get things more organized! I have never been more happy about cleaning! haha I also shined my shoes, went to the Tienda, and finally got to do a legit Crossfit! It felt so good! Then we got dressed again in a shirt and tie and went to lunch because even on Pday when you eat at the Comidor you wear mission attire. It has been great having some more leisure time to get some things done. We go to the temple every other week so today we had way more time than last week. After emailing we are going to play sports! Im pumped! In Dads email I talked more about the sports we play. Its a lot of fun! Its so cool having a bunch of other missionaries from American Fork High here! Its hilarious the hispanics and others say that Utah is the "Mormon Factory" hahaha Guess who else showed up here last wednesday! Nathan Hubert! I had no clue he was going be here at the same time as me! Hes a great guy! I didnt have time to tell you guys last week but Elder J----- in my district ended up going home the first week because of anxiety and other stuff. He is going to serve a stay at home mission. Its to bad but I hope that he will still have a good experience. He was one of the Elders who was going to go to the temple with us before I left but he got sick. Keep him in your prayers. Because Elder J------ left, Elder Smith (district leader, baseball player and all around athlete), and Elder Streeter (Wrestler, MMA fighter, did crossfit with me today), and Elder J---'s companion Elder Campbell ( Basketball, and soccer player, G from Richfield UT) are a trio companionship. They are hilarious! I love them! They decided last night to sleep on the roof of our casa! haha So they took three extra mattresses we have out of our casa lifted them onto the roof by standing on a trash can and slept there all night. They said it got super cold. Oh they are characters! Yesterday me and my companion Elder Christopherson ( actually the oldest of 10 kids, 6 natural and 4 adopted, we always sing together and he is very good at harmonizing, he did musical theatre all four years at high school and used to do water polo!) started teaching our second "investigator" Mario. Its really cool because the situation of the investigator, the lesson we share and the spirit we bring are all very real. But the investigator was our first investigator Ignacio who now is our afternoon teacher and our second investigator so he can teach us and give us feedback. I hope that made sense. haha  It really is brilliant, and definitely directed by Christ through the Prophet the way they teach us Español and the lessons here at the CCM. I love you all sooooo much! I also miss you like crazy! Although at times its hard here at the CCM, im starting to really enjoy it! :) I know the language will come it may just take me a little longer than my brilliant companion and the hermanas in my district, actually everyone but they are all helping me and my teachers are superb! Everyday I get better thanks to Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ,  the Holy Ghost, and the service and prayers of others. I have found more joy here as I serve and help others. Like when the new Elders get here! Its so fun because I get to serve and make friends. Always remember the God you serve and the ultimate sacrifice and service Jesus Christ gave to each one of us. God is King! I know Jesus Christ lives and atoned for the sins of the World. There are angels all around us. The Church is true! God loves you and I love you.
 
-Love Elder Conover

No comments:

Post a Comment