Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Thursday, December 12, 2013

I must give this little part of eternity, this life to Him, to Jesus Christ‏




Lester and his family before his baptism


 

Here's Elder Conover's mission home address (there are no addresses where the missionaries live:).  

Elder Eric Conover
San Pedro Sula East Mission
12 Calle Av. Circunvalacion S.O.
Edif Yude Canahuati, 3 Nivel, Oficina 4
San Pedro Sula, Cortes, Honduras C.A


This same address can be used throughout his entire mission.  Thanks so much for your love and support, especially at this time of year!

Buenos Días familia!

Last week with Elder Suazo
How is everyone doing? I hear that its freezing there and you have snow! Its hot here and sunny. This morning we played soccer at the church on the field behind the church. It was fun! Tonight the zone leaders are going to call and tell us who out of the 4 elders here in Sonaguera will be transfered. It is very unlikely I will be transferred and very likely Elder Suazo will be because he has been here for 4 and 1/2 months. If he is transferred he will leave tomorrow with one of the other two Elders. So this is our last day together! I can´t believe I´ve been in Honduras for 6 weeks! Yesterday was the primary program here! It was great. Last Saturday Elder Suazo and I had another baptism!:) Elder Suazo baptised Lester!! The other Elders also baptised another young man, Danielle. They are both 15. It was another spiritual, wonderful baptism and baptismal service there by the river. 

Later that night we went to a new contacts house Sister Martha to teach the first lesson, The Restoration. At the house she had a lot of family over. They were very nice and invited us in and had us sit down. One of her daughters and the daughter's husband were there. They told us that their baby who was two months old died last week and they asked us where we believe she is right now. We immedietely switched plans to lesson number 2, The Plan of Salvation. I told them that their baby was in a very good place right now. We gave them Plan of Salvation pamphlets and invited them to read them and we set up a time to meet with them and explain more about the Plan of Salvation. We are going to teach them later today. It is a great blessing our knowledge of Where we came from? What is our purpose here on the Earth? and Where will we go after Death? I look forward to sharing this good news with this family during this difficult time for them. Many people do not know the answers to these questions and many people dont even think about these questions. I am so grateful to know that I have a purpose here on Earth, that I am a son of God, and have the potential to be like Him after I die. 

The other day I was walking down the street and thinking about our Savior Jesus Christ. I had a realization that if it weren´t for Him and his Atoning sacrifice we would all die and our spirits would be subject to Satan. But He did fulfill his mission and we will ALL be resurected and return to our Heavenly Father. For this reason among the many other reasons such as the tender mercies and blessings of our Heavenly Father I realized I must give this little part of eternity, this life to Him, to Jesus Christ. I hope this will sink into your hearts and into the hearts of all the people of the World. I love you all so much and hope you have a fantastic week! If I am not transferred I will be able to write again on wednesday! Adios!
After playing soccer in the field by the church

Love Elder Conover






Sonaguera Elders with soccer buddy, Wilmer







He was able to write again on Wednesday:

Hola Famila!

I hope you all are having a great day! Elder Suazo was transfered. The other two elders and I are here in Sonaguera for another transfer! I like Sonaguera and am starting to know my way around town and all the people here. Im happy to spend Christmas here. Yesterday we traveled to Olanchito with Elder Suazo and said good bye to him there. Last night and tonight I am staying at the other Elders house. Tomorrow we will travel again to Olanchito, have a zone conference, and meet my new companion! This saturday we have a branch Christmas activity that should be very fun! Im excited! I will let you know how it goes. After the activity a girl in the branch who just turned 8 is going to be baptised. Its possible we may have another baptism also. Things are going good here. :) Have you recieved my letter yet? Love and miss you all. I can't wait for Christmas to see you! Have a great rest of the week. Until next Monday! Adios! Mosiah 2:41

Love Elder Conover

Ortega Family who is letting him Skype from their home on Christmas Day!!!  (He also does laundry there:)
We love them!


Sis. Klein's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment