Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Friday, December 27, 2013

Feliz Navidad!

Our greatest moments this Christmas were Skyping with Elder Conover! (Of course:)  He looked great and already has a little accent.  We sang "Silent Night" together, him in Spanish and us in English, and he bore his testimony in Spanish with lots of tears.  It was pure joy introducing him to Baby Cannon!  We had the most blessed Christmas ever with a missionary and a new baby.  We love you!  
Heidi

Elder Eric Conover
San Pedro Sula East Mission
12 Calle Av. Circunvalacion S.O.
Edif Yude Canahuati, 3 Nivel, Oficina 4
San Pedro Sula, Cortes, Honduras C.A


Elder Conover and Elder Guzman




Hey family! MERRY CHRISTMAS! DId you get my letter?! Im glad you enjoyed the last letter, it truly is a great adventure here. As far as I know we are all set for skype this Wednesday. I don't think we need to pay to skype internationally. Did you get my message last Thursday on Skype? I am hoping that I will get the package tomorrow but I don't know for sure. Don't worry about it though. Thanks for sharing that beautiful experience with Cannon Mom. I hope he smiles for me on Christmas. :) That Christmas party sounded like it was a lot of fun! I'm glad people are loving the river-baptisms, I am too. Its awesome. :) That is wonderful Uncle Jacob is going to most likely stay there in Utah. I remember when I first drove you to your doctor appointment Mom. I hope your final check up went good today. Time has flown by!
Things continue to go great here. My new companion and I are seeing many miracles. Yesterday 120 people came to Church! 108 was the record up to yesterday. The Saturday before we gave a blessing to a man named Juan Ramon who has been in a lot of pain and recovery from back surgery. We shared a message about Faith with him and testified that faith without action is dead. He came to Church yesterday with his wife and daughter. More and more I am seeing the power of the priesthood and the reality that with faith anything is possible, we just need to act. Saturday morning we also woke up and went to Jairo and Yovelys house and helped them put in a cement patio in front of their house and chop down vines and weeds along their fence. It was my first time using a machete to chop down the plants!:) Everyone uses machetes here, to cut the grass, weeds, and other plants. It was great spending time with, and helping them. Yovely is now 100 percent and gave a talk about the priesthood yesterday during Sacrament meeting. Truly an amazing miracle. She is also now the branch missionary. Jairo loves the priesthood and always wants to be involved and learning about the priesthood he has. They are awesome!

Today we woke up early and climbed a Mountain! It was quite the hike but the view was incredible. We could look down and see all of Sonaguera. It was so tropical and so opposite from the Mountains in Utah right now. haha. Suamy the secratary of the branch here and 4 other young men hiked the mountain with us. It was a lot of fun. I am looking forward to this Wednesday! CHRISTMAS! It will be so good to see and talk each one of you!:) Be thinking of questions you would like me to answer or what you want to talk about. I wish I could talk all day but we only have 40 minutes so we need to be efficient.;) Remember Joseph Smith today, its his birthday. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and the Prophet of the Restoration. In Pine Valley this last summer during the second hour when we learned more about Joseph Smith the Holy Ghost very powerfully bore witness to me of the reality of Joseph Smith's calling as the Prophet of the Restoration. I know that he was a Prophet. We are working hard here and the branch is changing for the better very quickly. I'm very grateful for Elder Cruz and his knowledge and determination to help this branch become stronger. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful Christmas eve tomorrow and I will see you on Christmas!:) You are the best family ever! I know Jesus Christ lived here on the Earth, Atoned for each one of us, was Resurrected, and will come again very soon. Always remember Him.

Elder Cruz, far right

Love Elder Conover

No comments:

Post a Comment