Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Monday, December 9, 2013

Life Here In Honduras (sent 12/3)

Life here is going great! It's crazy it's my last week with my companion Elder Suazo! He is being transfered and leaves next tuesday to the transfer meeting. I almost positively will stay here for at least one more change. But I will have a new companion! So that's a little sad but exciting. Paige and Austin Measles arrive next week. I'm sad I wont be going to the change meeting and be able to see them but maybe they will come here to Sonaguera! 

Last week it rained a ton! The roads were like rivers! According to people here though in other cities that was nothing! haha We sometimes eat these mini bannanas here. They are good. I like to put them in my cereal. On Sunday at our usual place for lunch for the first time I ate a cooked whole fish! The name of the fish is Red. I don't know if Dad or Matthew know of this type of fish. But it tasted good! I didn't eat the tail, eyes or head. I don't know if I was supposed to or not. haha That day I also ate some other meat that I had no clue what it was but it was good. 

The reason I didn't write yesterday was because we were at a trainers and future trainers meeting in Ceiba with the President. It was a great meeting. It's always great being with President Klein and his wife. Their words were very comforting and helpful. On the bus ride there a girl sat next to me and I shared with her all of lesson 1 and gave her a Book of Mormon. The bus ride is 2 and 1/2 hours so it was awesome to have the time to get to know her and teach her the whole lesson. Usually we just teach to the Book of Mormon and then teach the BOM as a whole other lesson. On the bus ride back the same thing! It was awesome! With a young man named Yosimar who lives in Sonaguera. He said he would come to church this week. I hope he does. I didnt have another BOM to give him but we can talk with him more because he lives here in Sonaguera! :) Before the bus ride back to Sonaguera we ate at Wendys for lunch! It tasted so good to have some Wendys! haha 

Elder Suazo and I continue to teach people here. It is wonderful. It really is the best part of the mission sharing the Gospel with someone and testifying of our Savior Jesus Christ and the Restored gospel. A couple times we have watched the Restoration and a couple times we have watched Finding Faith in Christ with investigators or recent converts. I love both of these movies and my testimony is strengthened every time we watch them. I always hope that those we share messages with will feel what I feel and that they will accept the gospel. It is difficult when investigators do not keep commitments. I want them so badly to have the change of heart the Book of Mormon talks about. Everyday Heavenly Father blesses us with people to talk to and Heavenly Father is answering my prayers. The Branch President here only has one counselor and he is feeling a lot of stress. One of my main goals is to find and help the ward have more priesthood holders. Please pray for the branch here. We have a lot of work to do. Pray that us missionaries can work better with the members and teach more with them. Pray that the members will magnify their callings. There are usually 70-80 people who come to church each Sunday. How many people attend church there at our church? 

I started reading Jesus the Christ and my testimony of our Savior and Redeember has grown. I know that Jesus Christ is a God and that it is only through Him we can return to live with Heavenly Father and our families forever. At the meeting yesterday, President Klein said that his bishop back in Alpine every morning wakes up at 3 or 4 and studies the principle Faith for 3 hours! and has been doing this for 5 years! The bishop says that he wants to understand Faith first before he studies other things. Very interesting. The president said that we only have time to study Faith, Repentance, Baptism, the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the end. We dont have time for anything else. It reminds me of Bishop Juchau's brother's advice that we only need to worry about faith and repentance. I challenge you all to focus your study and life on these two principles. 

I love you all so much. I gave a letter to the assistant to the President yesterday. Hopefully it was sent today or someday soon and gets to you by Christmas!:) I look forward to seing you all on Christmas day!:) You all are very strong and are special sons and daughters of God. Until next week! Happy Holidays! D&C 11:13-14

Love Elder Conover

No comments:

Post a Comment