Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Happy Easter Family!

(Written 4/21/2014)

Happy Easter Family!

I don't have much new to say but things are going good here in Progreso, Honduras. We had a good Sacrament meeting yesterday also. The Bishop shared something in the third hour with us that really touched my heart. He talked about the testimony of President Boyd. K Packer this last general conference and how he said that he "knows Jesus Christ lives." The Quorum of the 12 and the First presidency are special witnesses of our Savior Jesus Christ and the Bishop talked about how a witness is someone that sees and then testifies. Just like the Apostles of old the Apostles today are witnesses of Jesus Christ and their duty is to testify of Him. They know He lives. I always knew they were special witnesses but until yesterday when the bishop shared this with us it never really hit me like it did yesterday. Go back and watch the testimonies of the Apostles. They are different and powerful. So far I have not seen our Savior Jesus Christ but I too know that He lives because #1 the witness of the Holy Ghost in my life and #2 one of my favorite words: Trust. I know that President Monson and the Quorum of the 12 are called of God. I trust them as well as so many leaders and heros in my life. Including you Mom and Dad. I have a hope that one day I too will see Jesus Christ but for the meantime we need to trust in the testimony of the Holy Ghost and in the testimonies of those we love and trust. I love you all so much and want the very very best for each of you. Keep pressing forward with a faith in Jesus Christ. He set the example for all of us in all that He did. His Atonement was His greatest miracle and He did it! We are all going to follow His example and be resurrected! :) There is nothing that I want more than to be resurrected unto Eternal Life with each one of you and my future family. Have a great week! Please pray that our investigators will keep their commitments. Please always keep your commitments and covenants.

Love Elder Conover 

No comments:

Post a Comment