Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Jesus Christ Lives!

(Written 4/28/2014)

Hola!

Como estan familia? Things are going great here like normal. Yesterday we had a great Ward Conference. The Stake President spoke as well as his counselors. They are very loving and inspired leaders. The Stake President spoke of all the basic things we need to do to strengthen our conversion in our heart and mind. He said we need to focus on three things: DILIGENCE, OBEDIENCE, and HUMILTY. It was a great talk. The Ward had a record breaking attendance of 192 people. It was the first time the curtain was opened and we were running out of chairs. We had a great number of investigators who went yesterday. The most we've ever had actually. It was very happy. :) 

Today we played soccer in the morning on a big cement court in the city gym. Guess who I played with for the first time in years again with? Elder Measles. SCORPIONS! He is in the other Zone here in Progreso now. It was great to see him and awesome to play soccer on the same team again. Just like the good ole times.:) It really is cool that we are serving in the same mission.   

11-year-old Scorpions with Coach Reed Fietkau
We have talked to a few people who really do not accept the Book of Mormon. It is so interesting and saddening to me that they won't even give it a try. We explain to them that the book testifies and talks of Jesus Christ and His teachings and contains the fulness of the gospel. Gladly almost always the people at least give it a try but it is incredible those who fulfill the prophecy in the Book of Mormon almost word for word saying: "we have a Bible and we don't need another Bible" 2 Nephi 29. It has been hard for me to see these people give up inumerable blessings only for not opening their heart but it has strengthened my testimony greatly as my companion and I testify of the truth of the Book of Mormon along with hearing others respond exactly how the BOM we are explaining to them about says some will respond. 

Miriam who was baptised a few weeks ago is amazing. I remember the day we decided to contact her house and she told us we could share a message... Now she is helping to bring investigators who live close to her house to Church, she went to the Temple and did baptisms for 3 family members last week with the Ward and told us it was the greatest experience of her life, she told her son who is a nonmember that she is never going to leave the truth she has found, and is sharing the gospel. Last week we visited a lady named Gloria and her daughter Stephany with Miriam. They live close to her and Miriam has been such an incredible help with them. She bore the most powerful testimony at the end of the lesson with them. She said that she knows now why we (the missionaries) always say "Yo testifico" Ï testify" with the surety that we do. She said that she knows now too and exhorted them to pray to Heavenly Father to find the truth also. She was crying as she bore her testimony and the spirit was so strong. It was one of the most special experiences of my entire mission and my life. I can't explain the joy it is to see someone who listened to our message, did her part, and now KNOWS and is sharing her knowledge with others and is building the Kingdom of God here on the Earth. She is a very powerful instrument Heavenly Father is using for great things. Not to mention she is also washing our clothes for free and she is the closest member to our house so it helps so much. She is such a great blessing. 

I wish I could share more of the experiences I am having here in the mission with you but its time for me to go. One last thing. I have made an observation here in the mission. Every single less active member we have talked to we have asked if they are reading the Book of Mormon and every time they have said no. This may not be true in every case but from my personal experience and from every person I've talked to so far everything starts going down hill the day we don't read the BOM and on the contrary by reading the BOM everyday everything even if it's slowly;) leads us up to Eternal Life. I plead with each one of you to read the Book of Mormon everyday. I love you so much! Thank you so much for each of your emails. Sorry I couldn't respond to each of you specifically. Have a great week!:) Thanks for the Birthday wishes. I was hoping we would have a baptism this Saturday to celebrate my birthday but not until next week. Mothers day!:) It's hard I can't be with you as I turn 19 years old, with you Mom and Dad who gave me birth and raised me in righteousness and with each one of you my best friends and people I love the most of all. But I'll have a blast here too. Talk to you later! 

Love Elder Conover   

No comments:

Post a Comment