Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Transfers and Missing Thornton Family Reunion

July 7, 2014

Dear loving family,

Thank you all so much for your kind emails. Thank you mom for sending all the great pictures as well. I love to see each one of you. You are all looking great! :) As you know tonight we find out who from our zone is being transfered. I am very anxious and curious to know what will happen. I am willing and happy to follow what the Lord would have me do. 

Last Thursday we had a meeting in La Ceiba for all the trainers, and those who are being trained, and with the people who are going to train. It was great to spend time with President Klein and Sister Klein and learn how we can be better. Sister Klein is having us all start to prepare 72 hour kits and have them ready in August because hurricane season is coming up! That night as we were back here in Jazmines visiting people I started not feeling very good. Friday and Saturday I was in quite bad conditions. On friday I worked with Elder Wilson in his area and Elder Rodriguez worked with my companion in our area. I dont want to go into details but that day and Saturday if I started walking around within minutes I had to use the bathroom. We would teach a lesson and then start walking to the next house but I couldn't make it without asking a member or investigator if I could use the bathroom. It was not fun. Oh and some of the bathrooms that I had to use made out houses look like heavenly toilets. :) Yesterday I was a lot better and am doing good today thankfully. :) 

All is well here. We are still preparing and helping Visente, and Lilian prepare for baptism as well as other people but them for this month. That's the goal. Change is hard and we are trying to patiently help others make big changes in their lives. It's definetely a challenge but I know with the guidance of the Holy Ghost and as each person we teach turns to our Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement they will have the power to change. 

The Book of Mormon is a great blessing. It is a very powerful testament of Jesus Christ, that Joseph Smith was a prophet, and that the Church is true. Those who read it myself included have come closer to Jesus Christ and have been strengthened to overcome trials and changes in life.

I need to go but will hopefully talk with you on Wednesday. Keep having a great Summer! I love you all so much! Keep going strong! 

Love Elder Conover



July 9, 2014 (Wednesday)

Hello dear family,

Ive been transfered to Roatan!!! haha no I'm just kidding I'm going strong here in Jazmines! None of the 6 Elders here are being transferred. Today I have 6 months here! This will be my 5th transfer. I'm grateful to spend more time here with my companion, the other Elders, the members, and our investigators. The only problem is the more time I spend here the harder its going to be to leave. 

We were given permission to watch one game in the World cup so we watched the game today. Argentina vs. Holland. So that was kind of fun even though the game wasn't too exciting. We stopped watching after the first overtime. 

In the morning today we played soccer with the other elders and a few of our investigators at the church. Three brothers Fransisco (17) Denis (16) and Orling (14). It was a lot of fun. Then we went to the super market ¨La Colonia¨. It's where we always buy our groceries for the week. Today I started buying for my 72 hour kit. 

I love you all so much and hope that your week is going good! Please keep praying with all of your might for our investigators. That they will soften their hearts, read the Book of Mormon, and recognize answers to their prayers. 

Love Elder Conover




Thornton Family Reunion
Dear Family,

I am going to miss so much going to the family reunion this year. It's always so fun. I love you all so much and miss each one of you. I hope that all the family (including those I don't have the emails of) is doing great. I owe much of who I am to each one of you. Thank you for giving me a great legacy. Have an enjoyable weekend. Send my love and let everyone know that I am doing great and love what I am doing. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that he leads the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know that the work of salvation is true and marvelous. I encourage each one of you with all of my heart to continue working to bring souls unto Christ. God is our loving Heavenly Father and He wants the very happiest life for each one of us and He wants us to return to Him and live with Him and our families forever. I know this to be true and I don´t know what my life would be like without this knowledge. I love you. Be happy, we have the truth. :) I know that we are not alone as we share the gospel. Have a great week!

Lots of love from Honduras, Elder Conover

2 Nephi 31:20 

No comments:

Post a Comment