Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Interviews, Wedding, Apostle, Baptism, Miracles, HONDURAS!:)‏

August 24, 2015

Hello Family! 

Thank you so much for your emails. Is this really my second to last p-day in Honduras? Today I cut my hair for the last time in Honduras. It's really hard for me to believe that two years have gone by! I feel so excited to see each one of you and at the same time I feel sad about leaving beautiful Honduras and all the people I love so much. The mission is the greatest experience I have ever had in my life. 

This last weekend was really special because Bro and Sis Mejia Carbajal were MARRIED!!! and Sis Carbajal was baptised!!! The only obstacle Bro Mejia faces to be baptised is changing his work schedule so that he can have Sunday off work. He wasn´t able to change his schedule in time for the baptism but he will know soon if they give him Sunday off work so that he then can be baptised. Their 16yr old son Christian who is a recent convert baptised his mother. It was very special. I know that their family will be eternal. :) We are also teaching a member reference named Edgard. He is 19 yrs old. During the first lesson we challenged him to be baptised on Sep 12 and he accepted. After teaching him the first time he went home read the whole pamphlet of the restoration and prayed and asked Heavenly Father. The next visit he told us that he did recieve an answer, that he knows this is the truth and that he desires to be baptised. What a special miracle! I have never seen someone who is as prepared as he is. He also went to the baptism on Saturday and he has gone twice to church. He has the desire to serve a mission and would like to go to Argentina. Edgard is awesome! 

We had interviews with Pres. Klein on Friday. My last interview! It was very different from all the interviews ive had before with him. We talked about my plans in life for: study, work, marriage, and staying true to the faith until the end. He gave me great counsel. I love Pres. Klein. He has been and will always be a great example to me. Saturday morning we listened to Pres. Russell M. Nelson brodcasted from Tegucigalpa! He spoke to all the missionaries in Honduras. Two missions in person and the other two broadcasted. It was a really special conference. His main message is that we help the people make it to the Temple. I felt the spirit strongly and I know that the leaders of the Church are inspired and guided by the Holy Ghost. I know that they have been called of God. 

Family, I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know He and Heavenly Father love us. Heavenly Father really is the Father of our spirits. He loves us more than we can imagine. He has a perfect, and personal plan for each one of us. Joseph Smith really did see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in the spring of 1820. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. Something new I learned on divisions yesterday with Elder Reese is that the Old Testament, New Testament, and the Book of Mormon begin with a family. Adam and Eve. Joseph and Mary, Lehi and Sariah. The family is a key part of the plan of salvation. He wants us to live happy together in this life and for all eternity. I love you all so much. You are my family. I am eternally grateful to be your son/brother. Keep pressing forward family! Have a fantastic week! 

Love Elder Conover 

No comments:

Post a Comment