Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Monday, January 20, 2014

Maybe my last p-day in Sonaguera‏

This is the life!  I love this picture!







Hola familia!

Sorry I didn't tell you last week that today I would be on earlier than normal. Today we only have 1/2 p-day because this week is the week of changes! Tonight we find out who will be leaving Sonaguera. I will for sure have a new companion this week because Elder Cruz is going to be training a new missionary. I think that I will be heading to a new place because I have been here longer than Elder Cruz. If I do leave it will be sad to leave all the great people I've gotten to know here. I do feel up for a change though. Tonight we'll find out! 

How's everyone doing? I hope life is going great for each and every one of you. 

Did I ever tell you about the "moto-taxis" here? When we don't have a lot of time or we need to travel aways we take a moto-taxi. They are quite the vehicles. They are imported from India! Pretty much only Sonaguera uses them, maybe some other small towns. I will send a picture.

Last Saturday we had interviews with President Klein here in Sonaguera. It was great being able to talk with him one on one again. He is so great. Remember to keep him in your prayers.

I played the piano yesterday in Church. We took it back to the chapel before church in a moto-taxi. :) 

I want to tell you more about some little things we do as missionaries. Every night when we walk through the door we first kneel down and say a prayer then we evaluate the day and write in our agenda what our actual numbers were for the day of the following goals. Then we plan in our agenda for the next day. We set goals for how many lessons we would like to teach with a member present, other lessons, how many references we would like, contacts, new investigators, and how many lessons we would like to share with members. We set these goals according to the visits we have planned for the next day. Its great to be able to plan like this and it helps us have more success. This last week with the three different types of lessons we taught 49 lessons! It has been a great week! I love you all so much and hope you are having a great Martin Luther King Jr. day! Everyday my faith grows stronger. I know that this is the work of God. I know that the Spirit guides us in all that we do everyday. I know there is great power in studying the scriptures in the morning and pondering and applying what you learn throughout the day. "Pray always that ye may come of conquerer" I know that studying the scriptures, praying always, fasting, going to the temple, obeying the commandments, keeping our covenants, and repenting are the things we must do to make it back to Heavenly Father. I know that we overcome the power of Satan when we do all of these things. Remember faith is hoping for things which are not seen, which are true. Alma Chapter 32 is a great chapter about faith I challenge you all to read it. Something President Klein told me is faith is not a yes or no thing we each have a certain level of faith. I know that his words are true and that we must continually strive to strengthen our faith. Last week I told you to read Ether 5 but I meant Ether 12, both are great! Have a great week family! We'll see how this week plays out! I love you!

I love the stickers on the table-he sent some of these to our little girls!
Love Elder Conover 

No comments:

Post a Comment