Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Thursday, June 5, 2014

BEST FAMILY IN THE WORLD!

(Written 5/5/2014)

Buenas tardes familia! Como estan?! 

Thank you soooooooooo much for the package!:) I received it last Tuesday but I waited until last night to open it. You did it!;) haha I recieved it early! I also recieved the card from Dad, Aunt Hilarie and their familiy, and both sets of Grandparents! Thank you so much for everything you sent and most of all for each of your kind cards. I have the best family in the World! You all are so loving and supportive. I felt your love so strong last night. I love you!! My Birthday was awesome! 

Church went really great. My companion and I went to Christian's (one of our investigators) house before the meeting started and invited him to come to Church with us. He did not want to go but he told us if his friend Osmi went he would go. Osmi is neighbors with Christian and is a less active member. We have been trying to activate Osmi for months. They are both in their 20s. We walked to Osmis house with Christian and told Osmi that Chiristian was willing to go if he went. We reminded him of many other reasons he should be going to Church. Osmi thought for a few minutes and FINALLY told us he would get ready and go with us! I am so happy that Osmi made the right decision and helped his friend visit the Church for the first time. I hope very much that they both felt the sprit and will continue to be faithful. We are going to visit them tonight. 































My companion and all the missionaries in our district were so nice the whole day wishing me a happy birthday and spreading the word. Elder Reed, our district leader, Saturday night asked the Martinez family (a great family who we used to eat lunch with) if they could buy a cake for my birthday. After Church Elder Reed told me that all 6 of us missionaries needed to go to their house and check on Brother Martinez because he hasn't gone to Church for two weeks and no one knows where he is. I believed every word. When we got to the house Brother Martinez was there and we all gave him a hug and told him it was great to see him. Sister Martinez invited the 6 of us to eat lunch. Then Elder Reed told us to break our fast as companionships. Elder Flores and I broke our fast in one of the bedrooms. When we came out into the family room everyone burst into song singing "Happy Birthday to you" On the kitchen counter there was an awesome cake that said Feliz Cumpleaño Elder Conover. I thanked them all and blew out the candle. (Don't worry I made a great wish). We all sat down and ate delicious cake called Tres leche then we ate awesome tacos! :) What an awesome surprise. They all did so good keeping it a secret. Super well played by Elder Reed. I had no clue. It was really special and meant a lot to me. In the afternoon we had divisions. I worked with Elder Pernillo in his area and Elder Reed worked with Elder Flores in our area. The reason for the change was because Elder Reed interviewed Henry yesterday for his baptism this Saturday!:) Henry was the guy we met the Sunday afternoon that Great grandma Hicks died. That first lesson with him was so spiritual. After weeks of learning, working, and teaching with Henry this Saturday is his baptism. 

Evey Sunday night we give Elder Reed our numbers for the week. This last week was one of the very best weeks of my whole mission. We taught 50 lessons, had 15 investigators in sacrament meeting and we have 10 investigators with a baptism date. I am learning that hard work means everything and using our time wisely. Things are going great!:) I saved the best for last and opened my package! It was so fun opening it and reading your cards, looking at the pictures and opening the presents. Nice job Miriam and Abby with the origami! You guys are great! Thank you for all the gifts and letters, protein powder (perfect timing, I had just ran out a few days ago) granola bars, and candy. It was a joyous day filled with love and gratitude. 

I am going to name the investigators we have with a baptism date so that you can please pray for them.

Christian and Jonothan: Brothers, 12 and 13 years old. Their parents aren't married.

Gloria and Stephany: Single mom and daughter. Miriam has been a powerful missionary with them. 

Henry: 25 yr old man, Priesthood!

Maryvell and Norma: Also single mom and daughter

Dian: Husband is member. Has been coming to church before we started teaching her. First lesson: "I would like to know about baptism". Accepted baptism date first lesson.

Alejandra: 10 yrs old. Lives with her grandparents who are less active. 

Kevin: 10 yrs old. Cousin and lives in the same house with Jose, Oscar and Carlos. Has been coming to church for months and goes to church now with a white shirt and tie. :) 

I wish that I could share more about each one of them but I dont have time! Please pray that my companion and I can find more men to teach who are being prepared by Heavenly Father. We are trying but it is hard. I know that Heavenly Father has people prepared though. Wow! President Juchau! When I read your words that he has been called as Stake President I felt a great joy and the spirit run through my body. I love President Scoresby and Bishop Juchau so much. Please tell them both that I am so grateful for them and love them. I love you all so much and am so happy that we will get to talk this Sunday!!! I am so pumped!:) Thanks for all of your love and support! Have a great week and see you soon!

Love Elder Conover 

No comments:

Post a Comment