Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Soy un Padre!

(written 5/28/2014)

Buenas tardes familia!
I hope that all of you are still having a great week! Emily I hope you had a blast at Lagoon today and the Twins with field day! I hope that all of you are enjoying life and all we have to be grateful for.
I cannot really explain my emotions right now with words but I will do my best. Monday night we found out that my companion Elder Flores along with Elder Reid, and Elder Perez all were being transferred. Normally three aren't changed all at once but that's how it went. It was sad to hear that my companion and the others were going to be transferred but I always know it's what Heavenly Father wants.
We have been organizing a Ward activity and last night we had the activity. It was awesome! The theme was The Plan of Salvation. We all started in the presence of our Heavenly Father (chapel) and then we came to Earth; to represent our Earth life we had a bunch of different rooms set up in the church with different activities the people could choose to do. Video games, movie, church magazines, fusbol, checkers, and soccer outside. We explained to them that they would be judged for their actions on the "earth". After an hour or so we shut off all the lights except for the chapel and moved everyone into the chapel, we skipped a few things in the plan but at the end the chapel represented our judgment before Heavenly Father. We rewarded the people who went and spent their time learning and studying the word of God with cookies and explained to everyone that it's good to have joy in this life but we also need to give time to our Heavenly Father. Miriam and her son Christopher by the way were 2 of the people who went to the church magazine room for the whole time. :) The acitvity was a lot of fun and I hope that the members and investigators who came now understand The Plan of Salvation a little bit better.
Afterwards we went to Miriam's house with Christopher so that Elder Flores could say goodbye before he left. We gave Miriam 2 photos from her baptism with notes written on the back and shared with her how much she means to us. She too shared a powerful testimony and one of the greatest "pump up speeches" I have ever heard in my life. :) She told us that she will never forget the day that we first showed up at her house. She told us to keep looking for people who need what we have just like she needed. As we were about to leave Christopher said he wanted to say something. He started crying and told us how grateful he is that we came into the life of his family and that they needed us. We all gave each other a big group hug and by this time all were crying. We all felt the spirit so strong, I felt like we were in the Celestial Kingdom. I'm quite sure that Christopher has recieved an answer and that he very soon will be making the covenant of baptism. We are still trying to work out what Ward he is going to go to but either way he is gaining a very powerful testimony as he continues to read the Book of Mormon and talk with his Mom and other members. I felt like we were surrounded by angels last night. I cannont express the joy and gratitude I feel to know Miriam and Christopher, and be blessed enough to share the Gospel with them. All the rejections, all the trials, all the sadness and anger are beyond worth it because of Miriam and her family.
This morning we had the transfer meeting. We heard some wonderful testimonies and listened to a beautiful musical number and listened to a message from President Klein about Faith, Hope, and Charity. He taught us that we need faith in Jesus Christ, we can have hope for all the blessings we and others will recieve if we obey with exactness, and charity is serving others. He told us if we do these things we will have Power, Miracles, and the companionship of the Holy Ghost. After we listened to where everyone was being changed and who are our new companions. This is the part where I can't really express how I feel... honestly quite unexpectadly President Klein has called me to train Elder Ramirez from Bolivia! I did not think I would be training because I didn't go to the trainer's meeting this last change so that was very exciting to hear but very out of the blue. Everyone was so nice and pumped that I now have my first "son". He had just a few minutes before shared at the pulpit where he is from in English with the other new missionaries. Little did I know that I would be his new companion! I have been called to serve as district leader here in Jazmines as well. All I can say is that I will be praying harder than I ever have and that I will need all of your prayers and faith. I'm not sure how I will do it but like Nephi I know that Heavenly Father doesn't command us to do anything that we cannot do. I know that with the guidance of the Holy Ghost I can do it. My companion is great! I know that we will share so many great experiences together. I am so excited and blessed to continue serving in this area. Please keep my companion especially in your prayers as he is beginning his mission.
I love you all so much and please share any advice with me you have or extended relatives or anyone who reads this to help me serve the best I can. Have a great last two days of school! :) The mission is quite the adventure. I am so grateful and happy to be here. I know this is the work of God.
Love Elder Conover

No comments:

Post a Comment