Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Learning and loving, wishing I could be swimming.‏‏

Dear loving family,

Summer! That is crazy that another year of school has passed. I'm sure that you are all very happy. If you talk to Matthew on the phone please let him know that I love him and hope that he is doing flips over the wake. :) Summer continues here in Honduras but the rain is likely coming very soon. 

I feel honored and humbled to be called to train my new companion, Elder Ramirez, and serve those in my district. I have had to rely more on my Savior and pray more fervently and for this I am very grateful. On Sunday I interviewed a baptismal canidate for the first time. It was a great experience. She is an investigator of Elder Wilson and Elder Rodriguez. She is an older lady. She is the mom of Sister Susanna who was baptized a few months ago by Elder Reid and Elder Duran. I felt the spirit very strong during the interview. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to do interviews. It is the best! It strengthened my testimony so much to hear the story and reason for why she is making the decision to be baptized. Each person truly is a miracle. So far things are going well. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father is ready to listen always and I am so grateful for the guidance of the Holy Ghost. 

Right now we have three investigators who have a baptisimal date planned, have accepted, and are progressing (reading the Book of Mormon, going to Church, etc.) Brother Visente, Sister Josepha, and Alejandra. Alejandra lives with her grandma Sister Lobo. Her grandma is less active. We are trying to help them both. Alejandra is 9 yrs old just like Miriam and Abby! (for a little while longer) She is a great girl and has made her way to church alone for more than 2 months. Her baptism date is for this Saturday. Brother Visente has a baptism date for the 21st of June. He is an older man probably in his 50's. He is great! The Book of Mormon was really hard for him to accept at first but now he is reading. He has come twice to Church now! I really hope things continue to go well with him. Sister Josepha is really old! haha she is in her 80's! She is so special. We feel so happy when we are teaching her. She has some serious health problems with her bones and it's very hard for her to move around and to even sleep. She lives alone and hardly has the necessities in order to live. It is hard for her to hear and remember the things we teach but little by little she learns. On Friday we asked her if she remembered her baptism date and she answered "28 de Junio! No voy a olbidar(im not going to forget)" :) The past two weeks she has woken up early, and walked to church alone. She is always one of the first people to arrive! Her house is not very close to the church either! She is absolutely incredible. She has so much faith. She is so special to me and reminds me a lot of my great grandparents who have passed away. I love her and all those I am blessed to serve here. 

It just started pouring rain!! Tons!! Good thing I have plastic bags to put my books in! :) 

I love you all so much and hope you have the best first week of summer ever! Thank you so much for all of your emails and prayers. They mean so much. Even though you guys will probably be swimming everyday I think that I will be wet for more hours. ;) Keep reading the Book of Mormon everyday and going to the temple as often as you can. Remember that Heavenly Father always hears our prayers. I know He knows and loves us. I know Jesus Christ lives and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is His church and therefore the only true church on the Earth. 

Love Elder Conover

No comments:

Post a Comment