Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Transfer week!

(written 5/26/2014)




Dear loving family,

Thank you so much for each of your emails. Today for time I only can write the family email but on Wednesday I should be able to write to each one of you.

I am so happy to hear that things are going so well and that you all are enjoying your last week of school, the warm weather, and spending time as a family. I am so grateful that you and I are healthy and strong physically and spiritually. 

Last Wednesday we had the multi-zone conference with President Klein. It was incredible! I don't know if you guys have seen the new short video the Church made about Christ's resurection, It is amazing. I felt the spirit so strong and I know that everything is possible because Jesus Christ died for us and was resurrected. The conference really got my companion and I fired up. :) We have been trying more to really teach with the Spirit which is the only true way to teach. Elder Flores and I from when we first started teaching together until now have learned and grown so much. Now much of the time when we finish a lesson and are walking along the dirt road talking we can truly look back and say "that was a powerful lesson". Like it says in D&C I have during many lessons been edified along with the person we are teaching. I am so grateful for the power of the Holy Ghost and so happy that with His companionship everything will work out how Heavenly Father wants it to. 

On Saturday we had two baptisms! It's been rough with the other four who were going to be baptised also but it was so happy to have the baptism of Kevin and Dian. :) Kevin in 10 yrs old and has been coming to church now for more than 2 months. He has wanted to be baptised for a long time. We pushed his baptism date until Saturday so that we could teach him the lessons clearly before. Practically the whole ward knows him which is great! His uncle Jose who we baptised March 29th baptised him! It was so special. I was blessed to be able to baptise Dian. She is married to Lehi who is a member. She possibly has been the easiest investigator I have ever taught. haha Every lesson that we taught she accepted very cheerfully and has a strong goal of getting married in the temple with her husband Lehi. She has definitely been prepared by Heavenly Father, we are just blessed enough to be the missionaries who shared the message and helped her to make changes in her life. 

On Sunday Miriam gave a talk on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It was amazing! I still remember vividly the day she let us into her house. February 28th. It is miraculous how fast a person can change and grow in 3 months. Not to mention that she has also been called as Relief Society secretary. Her adult son Christopher has also come to church twice now. He is reading the Book of Mormon and is almost finished with 2nd nephi!  It is the happiest thing in the World to see the fruits of our labors. Christopher lives in another Ward but may come to this ward to be with his Mom. He also has a car and that has helped Miriam a lot getting to and from Church. 

Eggs! Nice job Miriam and Abby with your egg drop and puppet show! I remember those great activities! Speaking of eggs... we also on Tuesday organized a small activity in the Church and sold baleadas to help a couple raise funds to get their papers for marriage. Elder Wilson showed us earlier that day that pressing on the pointed ends of an egg with all your strength was impossible to break the egg. We did it at the activity and told people that they could try to break the egg for 2 lempiras and if they did they would win 100 L. We raised over one hundred but Chrisotopher, Miriam's son, I don't know how broke the egg! My companion and I paid him the 100 but he graciously donated it to the cause. Elder Reid also broke one after. Give it a try! :) The thing is that you can't slide or move your hands just press on the points with the palms of your two hands and use all of your strength. :) 

I love you all so much! My companion and I are anxious to hear who is being transferred tonight. He is almost positive that he is going to be transferred. He probably will because he has 6 months here. This week is going to be interesting.. I think I will be here for another change but we will see how it goes! Have an awesome day and I will talk to you on Wednesday! :)

Adios!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment