Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Monday, February 23, 2015

Happy to Spend More Time Here!

October 29, 2014

Buenas tardes familia!

I'm staying here!!! Wahooo! I'm so happy I get to spend more time in this area with my companion Elder Solano. We are getting along so good and this area is catching on fire. What I mean by that is so many good things are happening. These last few weeks I have felt Heavenly Father's blessings being poured out upon us. What makes me even more happy is to hear that you all are doing so good. I love each one of you so much. 

So like I said David Aguilar's baptism went great on Saturday! Nicholas Salgado baptised him. Nicholas has been going out with us visiting a ton! He leaves on his mission to Uraguay at the end of November. David was baptised on his moms (Hna Digna) birthday! That was cool. We didnt even know until she told us that day. Davids Dad doesnt live with them but he tried to take David out of town so that he wouldnt be baptised but David told him no. Im so happy for him, he has such strong faith. I hope so badly that he will be able to go on a mission. They Reyes family are relatives of David and also came to the baptism! Other than Bro Reyes not being able to go to Church because of work, they have gone to everything we have invited them to. They are progressing soooooo much. Tonight we have a family night with them at the Bishops house. Im so excited! Bishop Moncada is helping so much with this family. I am so grateful for him and his family. Oh I forgot to tell you that last Saturday morning it started raining super hard and we had planned to go to the Reyes house to help them move some rocks. When I say it started raning super hard I mean harder than I remember it ever raining here... Sister Reyes called us and asked us if we wanted to reschedule it for another day. We had to think for a second but we decided lets go on an adventure! Luckily my companion had a really sweet poncho he let me use and another Elder had left rain boots at our house. So we got all geared up and headed out into the rain. The streets were rivers! Their house is practically the farthest you can go in our area. It was awesome though! When we got there they were surprised we came. We did the service out in the pouring rain with Bro Reyes and Ariel and then Sis Reyes served us awesome bean,cheese,avocato, egg baleadas! I usually dont like avocato but with the eggs and everything they were good. That was an adventure! 

On Sunday my companion confirmed David. He told me right now that his brother helped confirm his girlfriend on the same day! The Reyes family came for their 3rd consecutive Sunday in a row! Well Sis Reyes, Keyry and Ariel have now come 3 times. They have a baptism date for the 22nd of November. 

We are teaching Antonie Nuñez´(member) friend Marjorie, she is so sharp! She has read everything we have asked her to read. She also wrote notes on everything she read! She told us that she feels the message is true because she has felt the fruits of the spirit during the lessons and as she studies and prays. She also is preparing to be baptised the 22nd of November. 

The weather has been so nice lately. Today it heated up a bit but the past days have been incredible weather. In the morning it has even felt a little cold! One morning I was studying with a blanket around my shoulders! haha So weird. It feels so nice. 

 I love you all so much and appreciate greatly your love and support. I know that Heavenly Father is the Father of our spirits. I know that He loves us and knows how we can truly be happy. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World, the First Born of our Heavenly Father. I know that because of Him and the Atonement he made for us we can repent of our sins and find peace in this life and eternal life in the World to come. I know that He understands each one of us perfectly and ALWAYS wants to help us. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it is the keystone of our religion. I find great peace and guidance as I read the scriptures. Remember to pray for charity ¨the pure love of Christ¨,the greatest of all things. I hope we can all help and love each other until we make it back Home to our Heavenly Father. 

Have an awesome week! I love you all!

Love Elder Conover

No comments:

Post a Comment