Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Elder Conover

August 11, 2014

Hi family!

 Thank you all for your kind emails. I can´t believe that school is about to start again for you guys. Summer has flown by! Here things are going great! So far hurricane Berta has not hit us and other than having a small sore throat I am healthy. I am so grateful to be serving the mission. It's a challenging but great experience. I love this work. 

 On Thursday Visente had his interview. He passed!! His baptism was held on Saturday. It was one of the very happiest days of my life. After so much time working with him it all paid off! :) He is someone who has truly changed. He has a new heart and a new way of being. How the gospel changes people is the greatest miracle there is. This work is so rewarding. 

On Saturday morning we had a big service project with the ward. It was great. On tuesday I bought a machete so that was very helpful during the service project. We all had machetes and were chopping down bushes and trees on the mountain. It was super fun! 

Today was fun. A sister in our zone's birthday is today so we played a little soccer and then watched Rise of the Guardians. Have you guys seen it? I'm thinking you have. It was a good movie. Pretty hilarious. Then we ate pizza from Pizza Hut with cinnamon sticks and then ate birthday cake! 

Next week are transfers! Time is just flying by. Monday morning at 10:00 I will write again. Have a great last week or so of summer! I love you all so much! Really I do, more than I can explain. 

Love Elder Conover

No comments:

Post a Comment