Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Hola from Ceiba!

August 25, 2014

Hello dear family! How are all of you!? Thank you so much for each of your kind emails. I wasn't able to write on wednesday because we didn't have time. Last Tuesday was rough but special saying goodbye to the people I love so much in Jazmines. I hope one day I can return. On Wednesday we had transfers meeting in the morning. I was so nervous but excited to hear who would be my new companion and where I would be going. Elder Solano is my new companion! He is from Orange County California! Like 10 min from Newport beach! His Dad is from El Salvador and his mom is from Mexico but he was born in california. He knows how to speak english and spanish! It's awesome! He went to the Provo CCM for 2 weeks and has just arrived. He is pumped to be here. We are in La Ceiba! It was a 3 hour bus ride from Progreso. We had a whole bus just filled with missionaries. It was awesome. The ward I'm in is called Las Acacias. It is a huge Ward. Yesterday there was an attendance of 250! Now that we are here there are 8 missionaries in the Ward. We are opening an area called the Pizzaty. We are loving it so much. It is so fun! There is a member in our ward who was companions with Samuel Hughes on the mission! haha What a small world. I don't know an Elder Bingham Mom. That's funny you made a connection with them the same time I did. haha The guy's name is Ashtor Euceda. He said that they were zone leaders together and worked like crazy. Elder Solano is such a great companion. I'm so happy to be working with him. We are already great friends. Oh and guess what?! Elder Guzman from my district in Sonaguera is my district leader here! We live in 2nd floor apartments like in Jazmines here. Elder Guzman is training an Elder from Sacramento California. Elder Lezzard. They live right next to us. It is so great! I am loving it here so much. We taught two brothers who are in their 20s on Friday named Juan and Ricardo. They accepted the invitation to come to Church on Sunday so we passed by for them and they went with us. It was great! One of my new zone leaders named Elder Garcia could use your prayers. His older brother passed away on Wednesday. I went on splits with him on Thursday. He is so strong. He makes it look like nothing happened. He continues to work hard and set an example for everyone. I look up to him a lot. We played baseball today! That was fun. First time in so long! 

I love you so much! Each one of you. I wish I could keep writing but we need to wrap things up and get to work. I feel my faith growing everyday. We are going all out! I'm trying to just enjoy every second and make the most out of everyday. The time is flying so fast. I love the mission. Every hard day is so worth it. It's crazy you all started School! I hope all is going well. You are continually in my prayers. Happy Anniversary again Mom and Dad! 20 years! That is so great! As far as the package Dad, maybe just more music on CDs. and the jump rope! Thank you so much! I love you all! Have a great week! Talk to you more next Monday!

Love Elder Conover

picture:  Elder Solano and I heading out to play baseball today! At our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment