Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Hola familia!

September 8, 2014

Hola! Como están!? Mi vida aquí en La Ceiba sirviendo El Señor es increíble. Me amo esta obra con todo mí corazón. 

Thank you all for always sending such loving and inspiring emails. I have the best family in the world! I will miss being at the extended FHE tonight but tell everyone I say hi and that I love them all. 

Elder Solano and I are having a great time serving the Lord here. Although the mission has been the hardest path I've ever taken in my life it is by far the greatest and happiest journey I have ever been on. This last week as we were teaching the lessons I have thought to myself ¨man I don`t ever want this to end¨ Obviously I want to see each one of you so badly but being out here is undescribable. The days and weeks are just flying by. 

Elder Solano is a great companion. We are finding lots of people to teach and we are having great spiritual lessons. Everyday I feel like we are improving. One day we were teaching a lesson to a lady named Gloria and her daughter Kelly. We talked about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon. At the end of the lesson we invited them to be baptised if they receive an answer from Heavenly Father that these things are true. They both accepted. Kelly said the closing prayer and she thanked Heavenly Father that she now has another testament of Jesus Christ. I felt so good knowing that with the spirit we were able to teach in a way that they understood the great blessing it is to have the Book of Mormon. My favorite part of the mission is when I'm feeling the spirit guide my words and actions. 

Yesterday I was in our area teaching with Elder Guzman's companion named Elder Lessard. By the way Elder Guzman says hi. We had a really great day. We had a reference of a 18 yr old guy named Oscar that we wanted to visit but I only knew generally where he lived. We walked to the area where he lived and I heard from the Elders who gave us the reference that his house had a lot of trees. I saw a house with a bunch of trees so we yelled from outside calling for Oscar. Sure enough we found him! I was so grateful the spirit guided us and the first house we tried we found him. It was really cool. But what's even more cool is we had a very powerful lesson with him. We asked him if there is anything he is going through that is hard and he told us that his two sisters (one of them is a member) are fighting a lot and he feels that is family is not unified. He wanted us to pray for them. We did and we promised him that if they as a family would listen to our messages the problem would be resolved. At the end of the lesson we asked him how he felt during the visit. He pointed at his heart and told us that he truly felt something in his heart. We opened the scriptures to Galations 5:22, he read the scripture and we explained to him that we were feeling the Holy Ghost. He promised to read the pamphlet of the Restoration and pray to know if what it says is true. We planned a time for this Saturday to visit with him and his whole family. 

This is only one of the many great experiences that happen everyday here. I wish so badly that I could share more but I'm out of time. Keep up all the great work family! I love you all so much. Have the best week of your lives! :) I know the BOM is the word of God and that Jesus Christ restored His church through the Prophet Joseph Smith in this great and last dispensation before the second coming of our Lord and King Jesus Christ. I know that Heavenly Father has a great plan for each one of us. I love our prophet President Monson and all of the Apostles. I love President Klein and Sister Klein. I love all my incredible leaders back home. I love each one of you. I love Honduras and its people. Most of all like one of my favorite songs the BYU mens choir sings says ¨Oh how I love my Savior¨ 

Love Elder Conover

No comments:

Post a Comment