Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The update



February 9, 2015

Dear loving family,

Ready for the news... yes I was transferred. It was sad to leave beautiful Ceiba and all the wonderful people there. Tuesday night we had a very spiritual lesson with the Reyes family and I have great hope for them. They will continue to progress. My greatest desire is that they will one day enter the Temple together as a family and be sealed for all eternity. Wednesday morning we took a bus to Progreso and from there to my area. Now we don't have change meetings. You are not going to believe who my new companion is. Elder Guzman! We always joked about being companions someday but now we really are! We are already teaching very unified because we know each other so good. We are working hard and having a great time! We are the zone leaders here in San Pedro Sula (zona Satelite). I love it here and am really enjoying being a missionary. Sometimes a profound feeling of joy and gratitude come over me. The transportation here is super crazy but fun. There are these small buses called rapiditos that we take quite a bit and we are always jumping from one bus to another when we have to go to other areas. I am very grateful to be with Elder Guzman because if I wasn't with someone who knew how this all works there is no way I would be able to make myself around. Now I don't have to just learn one area I need to learn the whole zone because we do interviews and go on divisions with all the other 30 missionaries in our zone. Tomorrow we have interviews with Pres. Klein. As he does the interviews we are going to be training one by one each companionship in our zone the vision of the mission. The work is being accelerated greatly here in centro america and in all the World. The leaders are putting great emphasis in auto sufficiency temporal and spiritual. It is awesome! The last zone leader here, Elder Lamb, is super great. I hope that I can keep the fire going. They found two investigators Fanny and Yesica that we are preparing for baptism on the 28th. Fanny is 17 and Yesica is 23. They are very prepared and have lots of stewardship from the Ward. We are very happy about that. We are also super happy with the missionaries in our zone. There were a total of 11 confirmations on Sunday! The house where we live is really cool also. There is a huge water font outside. I do my hair, brush my teeth, etc. all outside! It feels like camping! Where the font is it's always shady also. I love it! The members here are super nice. Almost every day we have diferent members who give us lunch and dinner. They are so kind. 

Thank you for all of your kind emails. I love hearing from each one of you. I love you so much and hope that every day our love for each other and Heavenly Father will continue to grow. I love this gospel. Becoming like Jesus Christ is our life goal. Keep enduring and loving the journey. 

Love Elder Conover

No comments:

Post a Comment