Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Monday, October 26, 2015

Today from Elder Conover

January 26, 2015



Hey family!

Thank you for your great emails! I love you all so much. This last week went really well. Saturday was awesome! Luis Torres, and Lilian, Axel, and Eda (Garcia Pagoada) were baptised! Like I have told you Luis lost both of his legs so what we did is we put a metal chair in the water and Aaron Leiva (ward missionary in our area that we asked to baptise Luis) and I lifted him out of his wheel chair and placed him in the chair then Aaron said the words. After with the help of Elder Lessard we lifted him up, my companion pulled the chair from under him and we lowered him into the water then raised him up and sat him back on the chair. It went really well. I thought it was going to be harder but in the water he was as light as a feather. It was so happy! During the baptism service after the baptisms he bore his testimony. He said that these days are the happiest days of his life ¨today my baptism, tomorrow the confirmation, and monday my birthday!¨ Today he turned 53 yrs old. In tears he shared how grateful he is to be completely clean starting a new year of his life. His two daughters one of which is a member started crying also. At the end of his testimony he raised his fists in the air and said Amen as him and many others were crying. It was very special. I felt the spirit very strong. It was definetely one of the very most rewarding moments of my entire mission. Seeing someone so grateful for the new life the gospel of Jesus Christ has given. Many members in the Ward have grown very close to Luis. He is part of the family now! As Lilian was being interviewed for her baptism by Elder Rojche she shared desires to serve a mission! She is 19 yrs old. I hope so badly that she can! That would be so awesome! I wish you could see these people and talk with them. I can't explain in words how special it is. 

I hope you all have a fantastic week! I miss you and love you very much. Please keep the Reyes family in your prayers as well as Alejandro. Sorry, I wish that I could keep sharing more! Time to go to work! 

Love Elder Conover

No comments:

Post a Comment