Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Monday, November 16, 2015

Hello from Honduras!

June 29, 2015

Hola familia!

This week went really well. I continue to learn everyday. Today was fun because we went and played soccer on a big field with the zone. It's been a while since I've played on a big field. It was tiring but a lot of fun! I love the feeling I get after excersising really hard. It reminds me of crossfit. :) 

Saturday was awesome becaus
e Elio, Marcos, Astrid, and Densel were baptised! Elio is a young man who is 14 yrs old. He lives near by us. He goes to seminary and learns really fast. Marcos, Astrid, and Densel are three kids who live in a home where many of the people are members. Their aunt and cousins are members. We have been teaching them my whole time in this area but until now they have been consistently going to church. They are great! It was a special day! 

Carmelo's wife Cristina left him on Saturday. He is really sad she left him and their little daughter but supposedly she will be coming back...He came to Church on Sunday with his little daughter and his sister. We visited him after in the afternoon and had a great lesson! He told us that he knows now that this is the true church. He has the desire to be baptised but wants to wait for his wife to come home and get married with her. They have a baptism date for the 25th of July. Hopefully his wife Cristina can make it home soon. 

We are actually teaching 12 different couples! They all need to be married! haha We are trying to decide who will progress most and focus on helping them. It is a great blessing to be teaching so many families. 

I know that we belong to the true Church of Jesus Christ. I know that He lives and loves us. I know that we are children of a loving Heavenly Father who has a plan for each one of us. Yesterday I felt the need to repent of some things so after church I knelt by the side of my bed and prayed sincerely to my Heavenly Father pleading for forgivness. After the prayer I could feel the power of the Atonement working in me. I know that Heavenly Father forgives us of our sins if we repent. 

I love you all so much and hope you have the best week ever! 

Love Elder Conover


No comments:

Post a Comment