Mount Timpanogos Temple

Mount Timpanogos Temple

Monday, November 16, 2015

Last transfer, last companion! What?!

July 20, 2015




FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!
Hola! I can´t believe it. This week I start my last transfer in the mission. My companion Elder Rodriguz goes to his home in Dominican Republic this Thursday. I wonder who my last companion will be... Its almost 100% sure that I will stay in this area but we will find out tomorrow. I hope I will stay to continue to help our investigators and recent converts. I am filled with so many emotions. I just hope that I can accomplish everything Heavenly Father wants me to acomplish. I love this work so much and I love the people so much. I feel like a Hondureño or Catracho like they call themselves here. 

On Saturday we had a baptism! Brandy, the friend of Nicole and Michele(the twins) was baptised! It was really special. The twins and two other young women sang a beautiful song at the baptism. Brandy's mom Ivis, Fabiola (the sister of Brandy's step dad) and one other friend came. My companion baptised Brandy. His last baptism in the mission! So crazy. But he has work to do when he gets home. His parents aren't members of the Church yet. Just him and his sister. He has been a great companion. I'm going to miss being with him. Walking home from the baptism Fabiola asked us how many time lessons does someone have to listen to be baptised. I told her there's 5 lessons but we usually don't teach each one in just one visit. Then I asked her if she would like to be baptised. She enthusiastically told me she would love to. Then I asked her how about we prepare a baptism service for August 15 for you? She was like, really?! It was so awesome how excited she was. She said she will be going with Brandy every Sunday to church. We gave her a Book of Mormon to read and pray to know the truth. Brandy's mom Ivis has a powerful testimony of the Church. She bore her testimony at the baptism as well as Brandy. Sadly Ivis will be working the next 4 Sundays and then she will have the following 4 off work. She is going to try and find another job. She also needs to get divorced and then married with Miguel(the man she is with right now). Its going to be a long process but one day I know she will be baptised. :) Today they invited us to eat lunch with them. It was a lot of fun! 
Carmelo, Cristina, Miguel, and Marta are still in the process of taking out their papers to get married. It's quite the process! haha We definitely are learning to have patience as well as them. 

Two of our recent converts went to the temple last Friday. Christian (Miguel and Martas son) and Fanny. It was really special because Fanny took two names. Her grandma and her older brother who passed away. She asked Christian to be baptised for her brother. I wish so badly I could have been there with them. It's so cool that converts are baptising ancestors of other converts. Fanny was baptised for her grandma. It was so great to hear from them about their experience when they got back. Every Sunday Christian blesses the sacrament. It is so wonderful. 
I love you all so much and hope that you continue to have a wonderful Summer. I know that Heavenly Father has all power and all wisdom. I know that if we trust in him and love him and all people we will be blessed forever and we will be happy. Love you! Keep going strong!

Love Elder Conover

P.S next week I will send pictures because I don't have my camera right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment